Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy for Hair Loss
PRP contains special cells called Platelets that cause growth of the hair follicles by stimulating the stem cells and other cells in the microenvironment of the hair follicle. Human blood contains mesenchymal stem cells and autologous blood products that contain essential growth factors that help in the aid of tissue healing and rebuilding. The primary purpose of using PRP in hair restoration is to stimulate inactive hair follicles into an active growth phase.
How does Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy Work?
As with all medical procedures, it is important to remember that results vary from one patient to another.
Our online appointment portal makes
booking an appointment easy.
Before and After
Benefits of PRP Hair Restoration
• Autologous treatment with no risk of rejection or allergic reaction
• Repairs and replenishes damaged hair follicles
• Enhances the healing process in cells and tissues
• Increases the blood supply to scalp & hair follicles
• Helps regenerate new hair growth for a variety of scalp conditions, including alopecia areata and androgenetic alopecia
• Ability to stabilize the hair loss cycle for an extended period of time
• No recovery or downtime required
On average, patients can begin to see new hair growth within 2 to 3 months of the initial PRP hair treatment. The most noticeable results usually occur by 3 to 4 months. Many patients choose to come in for maintenance PRP treatments about every year to year and a half.